Log in

finally a birth story and pics to go along with it...

« previous entry | next entry »
Apr. 27th, 2005 | 10:07 am
mood: nostalgicnostalgic

Ok so I figured while Kylie was taking a little nap I'd go ahead and write her birth story and share pictures from the labor and birth (don't worry nothing graphic i promise) so here goes.. enjoy!


Tuesday April 12th I woke up at 5:30am and started to get ready to go to the hospital. I was going to be induced at 7am and we had to be there by 6:30am. After I got ready I got Adam up and he got ready and we headed out the door. In the car on the way to the hospital I started to get nervous. I asked Adam if it was too late to back out and that I wasn't so sure I wanted to have a baby and that it was really ok if I stayed pregnant forever. He just laughed and said everything would be ok.

We got to the hospital a little before 7 (yeah we were running late lol) I got into the room and got told to "do the usual" (I had been to L&D 4 times since Jan so I knew the routine lol) So I changed into the gown and peed in a cup. The nurse came back in and hooked me up to the monitors. The doctor came in around 8:30am and inserted the first round of the gel (i forget the name of it but it was a gel to help "ripen" my cervix). I called my mom and she came up to the hospital around 10ish. The contractions started to get closer together at this point. When I arrived they were 10 minutes apart, after the first round of the gel they started to be about 5 minutes apart.

The doctors came back in around 12:30pm and checked me..almost 2cm but still not changed cerix wise (soft but not soft enough is what they said) so they inserted another round of the gel. After they inserted the gel each time I had to stay in bed for almost 2hours and let it sit. Once I was allowed up I walked the halls with Adam& my mom (they kept taking turns walking with me) The contractions kept getting stronger. I wanted to curl up in a ball and die during them.

The doctors came back in at 4:30pm and check me..almost 3cm and still no real change in my cervix. I was so disappointed. They inserted ANOTHER round of the gel. After this round of the gel the contractions got MUCH WORSE. I cried during them. I kept telling my mom and adam that I couldn't do this and I just wanted it to stop. Keep in mind that all this time that I hadn't had anything for pain yet.

Adam's family came up to the hospital around 7ish. We had his dad, step-mom, step-sis, her husband and their 22month old daughter in the room..it was pretty crowded. Coloring with Sydney (adam's neice) was the highlight of the visit. I was up and moving around alot...I needed to walk. Adam was awesome during the whole thing. He kept trying to make me laugh while we were walking, would talk me through the contractions, hold my hand and kissing my forhead. I was rather mean at one point..yelling at him saying "DON'T TOUCH ME"... i felt bad and apologized later.

The docs came and checked me around 8:30pm... still almost 3cm so no change at all from the last time they checked me. The decided not to do the gel again but instead to start the pitocin. Let me tell you..that drug is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!! never EVER again will i say ok to pitocin...EVER. It made the contractions 300 times worse than they were and I still wasn't getting anything for pain..despite asking NUMEROUS times. Finally around 11pm I had had enough...I wanted no more pitocin and I wanted some sort of drugs. The docs decided it was ok to shut off the pitocin, give me some stadol to help me sleep and we'd start again in the morning. First off let me say that stadol did help me sleep some..but I'd wake up during the bad contractions so while it did help me sleep some I was still in pain.


Ok so this is turning out longer than I thought.... so i'll put what happened Wednesday in the next entry and put pics with that one.....

Link | Leave a comment | Share

Comments {1}

(no subject)

from: fairygoddess821
date: Apr. 27th, 2005 03:36 pm (UTC)

stadol makes me feel drunk ;) never made me sleepy though

Reply | Thread